Co-Op is a way to provide students with practical work experience in their field of study prior to graduation from DeVry. Students work 15-35 hours per week while attending classes. Morning, afternoon, evening, weekend, and flexible shift opportunities are offered according to employer requests.
- Must be currently enrolled at DeVry University
- Must have a minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Complete 24 credit hours for Bachelor degree or 12 credit hours for Associate degree
- Previous education-related work or military experience may be substituted
Experience the Advantages
- Apply lab and theory to actual working conditions
- Utilize opportunities to develop self-confidence, maturity and professional skills
- Establish professional network contacts and build an impressive resume
- Observe potential employers and working environments before accepting a full-time position
- Achieve a smoother transition from school and part-time work into a full-time position
- Utilize your salary to help financial expenses
How to Apply for Co-Op
To effectively assist DeVry students in locating cooperative/internship opportunities, a collaborative effort between the Career Services office and the student is essential. In order to be successful in securing a position, it is necessary that each Co-op program applicant do the following:
- Students interested in Co-Op should download the Co-Op application form
- Return form to the Career Services office in Room 216 or email it to DLS-CareerServices@devry.com
- Upon approval, an account will be created for the student in HireDeVry.
- An email will be sent with student's username and password along with instructions on navigating the system.
- Student should login to account and revise resume by utilizing resume wizard or resume templates within HireDeVry.
- It is mandatory to upload revised resume within HireDeVry.
- Upon resume review, status will be changed to Co-OP seeker to view opportunities.
Career Services Office (Room 216)
4800 Regent Boulevard
Irving, Texas 75063 - 2439
(972) 929 - 9353 (direct)
(972) 929 - 6779 (fax)