Co-Op is a way to provide students with practical work experience in their field of study prior to graduation from DeVry. Students work 15-35 hours per week while attending classes. Morning, afternoon, evening, weekend, and flexible shift opportunities are offered according to employer requests.
- Must be currently enrolled at DeVry University
- Must have a minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must be entering 3rd term or above. Previous education-related work experience or military experience may be substituted.
- ECT, HIT, NSA students must complete 12 credit hours for eligibility
Experience the Advantages
- Apply lab and theory to actual working conditions
- Utilize opportunities to develop self-confidence, maturity and professional skills
- Establish professional network contacts and build an impressive resume
- Observe potential employers and working environments before accepting a full-time position
- Achieve a smoother transition from school and part-time work into a full-time position
- Utilize your salary to help financial expenses
How to Apply for Co-Op
- Students must attend one Co-Op workshop before enrolling. Co-Op workshops will be held at the end of every term. Please contact Career Services to find out the date for the next workshop.
- Students interested in Co-Op should contact the Career Services office in room 216, call (972) 929-9353 or email us at email@example.com during the first three weeks of each standard semester.
- Students will be asked to supply their Student ID#, name, and current email address
- An account will then be created for them on the Career Services Interfase website and they will be given a user name and password
- Students will then need to download and save the Co-Op application form
- Complete the application form on a computer and then upload it to the Career Services HireDeVry
- Students will then be able to view available Co-Op jobs on the Career Services HireDeVry website
- To apply for Co-Op jobs students will email their Co-Op application form and resume to prospective employers
- Student must re-enroll in Co-Op every term. An email will be sent to all students enrolled in Co-Op the previous term to set up enrollment in Co-Op for the next term.
Career Services Office (Room 216)
4800 Regent Boulevard
Irving, Texas 75063 - 2439
(972) 929 - 9353
(972) 929 - 6779 (fax)