Key to your Graduation
The Key To Your Graduation can be found by reading and doing the information on this page.
Step1: Avoid the Graduation Trap
- Read all of the information provided to you by DeVry.
- Undergraduate students, complete the Graduation Application within 2 weeks after Grad Fest.
- Attend all Grad Fest Events.
- Questions you should ask yourself:
Did I complete a graduation application?
Did I purchase a cap and gown from Jostens?
Did I order a class ring?
Did I schedule an appointment with my Career Advisor?
Did I attend an exit interview with Student Finance?
Do I know the time and place for the graduation?
If you do not know what needs to be done to complete any of these tasks please call Career Services at 972-929-9353
Step 2: Have you checked to make sure you are on the potential Graduation List?
You may go to Student Central to check and make sure you are on the graduation list. If your name is not on the list you will not be able to graduate therefore it is very important that you confirm this.
Step 3: Know the important dates for graduation information
- Grad Fests will be held on:
- Tuesday, May 14, 2013 from 11:00am - 11:30am in Room 231
- Thursday, May 16, 2013 from 4:00pm - 4:30pm in Room 231
- Tuesday, May 14, 2013 from 11:30am - 1:30pm in The Student Commons
- Thursday, May 16, 2013 from 4:30pm - 6:30pm in The Student Commons
- Deadline for diploma/graduation application is within 2 weeks after Grad Fest.
- Graduation Ceremonies will be at 7:00pm on Friday, June 28, 2013.
- You must schedule an appointment with your Career Advisor in Career Services, even if you do not need job assistance. The appointment should take about a half-hour and should be scheduled before week eight of the term.
- You must schedule and attend an "Exit Interview" with Student Finance in Student Central. If you do not attend an "Exit Interview" you will not be eligible to graduate.
Step 4: The Graduation Walk
Graduation ceremonies will be held on Friday, June 28, 2013. You should arrive by 4:30pm. so you can get checked in and get lined up. The graduation ceremony will begin at 7:00pm.
- Receipt of a graduation package does not constitute eligibility to graduate.
- All cum laude honors at graduation will be determined based on your cumulative GPA from last term.
- If you have any questions, please call Career Services at 972-929-9353.